Weekend wobble (day 23)

Not even a gush of wind
And the trees half-emptied,
23 days is plenty,
Hard bits done, so I thought,
A bottle of wine today, so very nearly bought.

Turns out it's a novelty no more
Uninhibited emotions, like a burst mains pipe,
This wasn't the plan,
The Terrible Beast, no longer simmering, certainly not gone
Mightily irritated, mutters under breath, this is so very wrong.

It was all going well. What is this hell?
Sober nights in and out, they've been fun!
Family came to stay with wine and I had none,
Proud, happy with my choice,
This steady weekend's wobble is trying to crush that voice.

Comments

  1. It does get easier Sober Poet. You have to stay strong. I had a real wobble at about day 25.... Walking passed an aisle filled with bottles and cans of cider and lager in a supermarket. My imagination had me reaching for "just one", no-one would know! I played my scenario forward: I couldn't stop at just one. That's why I had a problem in the first place. I also replayed my rock bottom. I felt like crap for a bit afterwards and it was a real knock to my confidence, but I did not give in. Best wishes to you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My final Day 1...

Clarity of mind

Day 3: The Terrible Beast